1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at LAX

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 1, 2013.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Your zero-to-they-want-to-outlaw-everything time is amazingly fast, even for this joint.

2. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I actually think he's lost a step. It's sad to see an SportsJournalists.com great slow down in front of our eyes. Like Jordan on the Wizards or Willie Mays on the Mets.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

And the whackos at InfoWars are claiming it was scrubbed not because the early reports that he was a TSA agent were wrong, but because, well, I'm not sure, I don't read InfoWars. I just make fun of my friend who posts Info Wars stuff on Facebook.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Billions spent on Homeland Security.
    And they get overwhelmed by one guy walking into the airport with a gun.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Without peeking, I'm guessing it's because they think it's a false flag operation.

You should ask your InfoWars-reading FB friend if it's possible every murder committed in the nation is a false flag operation. All those murders in Chicago that result in so much concern could be false flag hits done by the Illuminati too, you know.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm done arguing with him to be honest. I'm not good with details and one of his rules is that unless every single little inconsistency can be explained, it must be a conspiracy, I'm never going to win any arguments with him.
    And I refuse to read any of the links he posts. It's not as if I read them with an open mind I'd think they were right.
    I don't need to read them to know they're garbage.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, each tiny inconsistency or corrected report proves the narrative isn't true. False flag!

8. 3_Octave_Fart

You two turds are fighting windmills here - are you dumb enough to realize it?

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

An active shooter with an assault weapon kills one person. That's overwhelmed?

What is your suggestion? Metal detectors before you enter the building? How about the parking lot?

This would have been so much better if two or three gun owners from the crowd, maybe a soccer mom and a pipe fitter, would have engaged him and killed him.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

From the reports I've read, he got pretty far into the airport. If that's the case, Fart makes a good point.*

*something I never thought I'd write, and probably never will again.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The actual TSA Agents aren't armed, and they won't be, because they lack sophistication and training:

It's security theater. One armed gunman got through security, and got all the way to the gate. Makes you wonder what would happen if a handful of armed men staged an attack.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

Yes, because since I don't have my head up this mendacious president's ass, I must really be a dummy.
    I mean this in an honest way - some of you guys need to start thinking for yourselves.
    It must happen for you soon.
    There's no excuse for leading adulthood this way.

Draft saved Draft deleted