1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at KC Chiefs facility

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 1, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think that is the most likely possibility. The second most likely is not play at all.

Don't think playing later is an option. Among other considerations, if they play a week later I think every player would receive an 18th week of salary. They're already getting paid this week.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

KC police have confirmed it's Belcher, according to multiple NFL reporters on Twitter.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

NFLN's Albert Breer tweeted several staffers were on hand when he killed himself. SI reported he argued with some coaches and the GM.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Kansas City Star: The girlfriend's mother was at the shooting and saw it. The girlfriend was shot "multiple times."

Jesus.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

So if timeline is correct this argument would have taken place after he shot his girlfriend.
    Wonder if coaches were even aware.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Story I read said it was Belcher's mother.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/01/3943246/chiefs-player-kills-girlfriend.html

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

this.

the players and coaches are programmed to go on as if belcher pulled a hammy during practtice. he just goes on the injury report as'BELCHER (HEAD) -- OUT'. and the bands play on...

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Story updated with that change in developments.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Ah. I'm behind it. Kind of checking in.

Off topic, but sadly, the KC Star wasn't one of the first five places I checked. Only remembered it because you posted it. Sad.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

CBS reports he thanked Crennel and Pioli - which contradicts the arguing bit.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21217885/chiefs-player-kills-himself-police-reportedly-investigating-two-shootings

If that's correct, they were right near the car when he killed himself.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Yes, the latest reports indicate Pioli, Crennel and other staffers were on hand when Belcher put the gun to his head. Police say that Pioli and Crennel never felt threatened.

This story is getting more and more tragic. Chilling stuff.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Some people on this thread sicken me. But it's not surprising.

Draft saved Draft deleted