1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at KC Chiefs facility

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I think they should and will cancel the game. I don't know what they would do if the teams were in contention, but cancelling the game could very well affect who gets the No. 1 pick in the draft.

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

3. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

How many fantasy football players are checking to see how old Jamaal Charles is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaal_Charles

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I suspect they'll play the game eventually, perhaps even move it to another site. Maybe they could play it the Saturday after the regular season ends, given that neither team is going to make the playoffs.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

No doubt that they will bring up playing after JFK assassination.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Can't just cancel the game b/c neither team is in playoff contention. If that were the reason, would the game be played if either team were in playoff contention?

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

My guess is that many, if not most, of the players want to play. By the same token, I don't think playing is necessarily a bad thing for those players.

8. Boom_70

definite factor in decision

9. Boom_70

How ? They can't give it "the Jovan would have wanted them to play" spin.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

My guess is most of the players have barely had time to think about, let alone decide, if they want to play. They might very well decide that later, but god damn, this just happened.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

They'll play it, just not tomorrow. There are ticketing and broadcast rights considerations, issues of statistical and schedule integrity.

Again, I figure it's made up at the end of the season, probably on wildcard weekend.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Dollars to donuts say they play it tomorrow as scheduled.

Draft saved Draft deleted