1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at Holocaust Museum

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pancamo, Jun 10, 2009.

1. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

The HM is on the Monument (west) end of the mall and is on the south side, the same side as (but opposite end of) the Air & Space Museum. It's on 13th street, I believe.

And I don't think the gunman had any intention of leaving the museum once he decided he was going to shoot.

My question: it was reported that the rifle was visible when he walked in the door. In D.C., where it's illegal to carry any firearm, how was this guy not noticed before he got to the door?

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Maybe he got noticed, but nobody felt like fucking with the guy carrying a rifle?

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

It's on 14th Street, between C and Independence. The main entrance is on 14th Street. Air & Space is at 6th and Independence, across Independence from the Holocaust Museum.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Yes, behind the USDA maybe?

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I think the USDA is across 14th Street. The HM is next door to the Bureau of Printing and Engraving. Tons of tourists around there.

6. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

I was saying same side as Air and Space in relation to the mall, not Independence. And there are a shit ton of tourists around there. What building is it that's undergoing construction right there next to it?

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Cross him off then!

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The white supremacist shooter died today awaiting trial.

May he spend eternity cleaning toilets used only by Jews and blacks.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=9493201&cid=ESPNheadline

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Proof that sometimes you don't need a subhed field:

Man, 89, Accused of Holocaust Museum Shooting Dies
    89-year-old man accused of deadly shooting at Washington's Holocaust museum dies

10. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Good riddance to the piece of shit. Saves the taxpayers money, too. A two-fer.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is the part where I'd like to hear the NRA justify the Constitutional necessity of assault rifles as personal weapons.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

They never do. They never can. They just tell you that's not the point.

Draft saved Draft deleted