1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooting at college in Montreal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

For which newspaper and TV station camera crews are grateful. A yellow sheet splattered with red blood makes for great pictures.

2. NDub

NDub Guest

Well, I could figure they took his sorry ass outside for all the cameras to enjoy, but why would they do something like that? I'm no CSI guy or anything, but shouldn't details pertinent to the crime (like the shooter's body) be kept where he was capped for investigation sake? Judging by the cop crouched and his gun still drawn, along with the students in the background, I reckon it'd be safe to say the crime scene investigation was hardly complete.

Also, check out that smeared blood on the cop car. Looks like it came from a hand.

3. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Apparently the cops shot in him the arm (or leg, can't remember). The fatal shot was administered by the man himself. He wasn't dead when they dragged him out.

Dawson is the old Mother House. It's a block north of the old Forum. Right on the westernmost first block (Atwater) of what's considered "downtown"

4. NDub

NDub Guest

That makes so much more sense.

When I was watching MSNBC live when this was going on, I saw the police drape what is now the shooter's body. I don't know if they got him blowing his head off on live tv or not (I was playing Madden 07 on my other TV) but that'd be nuts if they did. If next to the cop car is where he killed himself, that was damn near in the middle of the street with all sorts of people around. Had to be freaky....

Draft saved Draft deleted