1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I saw it this afternoon... It might have been one scene too long, but thoroughly enjoyable otherwise...

It's kind of got a Bourne Identity feel to it and Marky Mark is quite good in it...

Also, Kate Mara, who is Wellington Mara's grandaughter, is gorgeous in a pretty wholesome way...

I definitely recommend it...

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I was thinking about going to see it on my next day off.

Marky Mark's come a long way since the Funky Bunch.

3. Mizzougrad96

He's a really good actor and has potential to be the next great action star...

How long has it been since we've had a new one? Most of them are in their 50s...

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Harrison Ford? A long time regardless.

Ben Afleck (sp) bombed as one. Matt Damon and Hugh Jackman are too diverse to really be considered action stars.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You could have just added to this thread...

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/1065934/

6. Mizzougrad96

Forgive me... ::)

I only checked the first two pages before I posted about a movie that came out today...

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Just kidding Mizzou.

I read Hunter's books, so I've been interested in this movie for some time now. Originally, Swagger was from down South and most of the book took place in Arkansas. From the reviews, I'm guessing the producers wanted more spectacular scenery and moved the setting north to some real mountains.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

What do you mean - John Cena owns the action star catigory.

You also have to consider Kiefer Sutherland

9. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Yeah, i couldn't agree more on Jackman and Damon. I'm a huge fan of Bourne and Jackman has been solid in his action movies.

10. Boom_70

[​IMG]

Bob Lee Swagger zero's in on his target.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Love this opening in the review in today's Star. Peter Howell can be really cranky at times but he thought it was a terrific couple hours of mindless entertainment.

Despite their national fervour for flag-waving, our American neighbours remain something of a puzzle when it comes to actually believing in their system of government.

They exalt truth, justice and the pursuit of fossil fuels, yet when you get right down it, many of them are deeply suspicious about what actually goes on in the White House and Pentagon.

http://www.thestar.com/artsentertainment/Movies/article/195214

12. Boom_70

Good thing for Canada that we pursue fossil fuels or Calgary would be out of business.

Draft saved Draft deleted