1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shooter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What's the word on this new movie starring Mark Wahlberg?

The movie is based on Stephen Hunter's "Point of Impact," which was the first book of a triology. I loved those books. Perfect light reading fare.

2. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I like Hunter's books a lot also. Although the movie, from the previews I saw, looks like it's just trying to ape the Bourne films.

3. Inky_Wretch

I found a Baltimore Sun interview with Hunter where he said he was very pleased with how the movie turned out. That's probably enough to entice me into seeing the movie.

4. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I thought the Bourne movie series was excellent. This doesn't look like it comes anywhere near that caliber.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm a Marky Mark fan (Three Kings, The Departed, The Perfrct Storm, Good Vibrations, Wild Side) and I enjoyed this book, so I'll probably see it at some point.

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I liked the Stephen Hunter books, but Mark Wahlberg seems miscast as Bob Lee Swagger. I pictured that guy as being older, and well...more of a redneck. I don't mean that in a deragatory or racist way.

7. [​IMG]

You rang?

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I thought we were gonna run the old picket fence on 'em.

9. Inky_Wretch

That was my first thought as well. Reading the books, I pictured somebody like Billy Bob Thornton in the role.

10. John

John Well-Known Member

Good call.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

With writing_irish in a cameo role as an elevator operator.

Draft saved Draft deleted