1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shoe Help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Key, Apr 24, 2012.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If your shoes are uncomfortable, have you tried these?

[​IMG]

They are $50, but, oh my, have they made a difference in how my feet feel.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Shoes shouldn't be uncomfortable. If they are uncomfortable when you try them on, do not buy them. If they don't feel right from the start, buy another pair

3. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Moddy, do you buy shoes on-line, or do you always go to a physical store to try them on?

Yeah, I was surprised the Born's turned out to be uncomfortable, too. If I remember correctly, they replaced another pair of Born's that were great.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If you are going to buy a pair of shoes for the first time you need to go to store and try them on.

Joseph A Banks is a good place to buy the Cole Haans when they are on sale. You can get a pair for under $100. I have 2 pairs of Santa Barbara's that have lasted me 10 yrs and the bottoms still look new. You just can't wear them out.

While we're on shoes, does anyone wear those long narrow squared toed euro trash loafers that many of the pro athletes seem to be wearing these days. They just look so odd to me.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I have a pair of black ones that seem to pair well with dark jeans but not much else.

6. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help, Boom. I appreciate everyone's input.

7. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

http://www.6pm.com/product/7752074/color/14

khakis or jeans. Won't really pair with a tie, but if you're wearing a tie these days, you're trying too hard.

8. Boom_70

I think proper pairing is the key to those shoes working. I've seen them paired wrongly and it does not work.

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Everyone's foot is different. Also, brands may use multiple lasts for their various models, so the fit will vary depending on the model. There is no getting around trying them on.

Not a fan of Cole Haans. They are living off a classic brand name, and offer shoes in a very wide range of prices, ranging from pretty good to really cheesy plastic-looking shit, most of them leaning toward the latter. Such is also the case with J&M and Florsheim. If you want a brand-wide endorsement, Allen Edmonds may not all appeal to your visual tastes, but the quality level is consistent. The pair I'm wearing today were marked down from about $275 to $90, so deals can be found. I have been wearing these for seven years, about once a week.

10. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I need dress shoes with low heels to stretch out my chronically sore Achilles, but that look good, and I'm still not having luck finding what I want.

11. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

I have these in black & white. Every time I wear them (I mean every time, no exaggeration) I get complimented on them by a woman. I've been stopped on the street in Manhattan with people telling me how much they love the shoes.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Boom_70

I have both Edmonds and Cole Haans and I think the quality of the high end shoes are comparable.

As far as comfort I much prefer the Cole Haans that come with Nike Air technology.

You do have to take a closer look at quality for both JM and CH. They both have come out with low price point shoes that look like the high end versions but do not have the quality.

Draft saved Draft deleted