1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shockingly, when it comes to A-Rod, there's more where that came from

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

$30 to "learn" that A-Rod is a me-first player who fools around on his wife and juices?

I'll pass.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

so, how'd you feel when that sorry excuse for a first baseman wasn't hitting? was it all peachy keen then?

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yeah, it really sucked when he hit 30-plus bombs last year. You epitomize everything I hate about my fellow Yankees fans.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Come on KY, where is your disdain for Pettitte? He sucked last year, or is it cool because he is good this year?

I'd guess you are just one of those fans that only cheers the guy who hit two home runs tonight.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Shocking! Tipped only 15 percent at Hooters!

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Hello. My name is Earth. Have we met?

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

No, I don't think so. [/tommyboy]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Did anyone else get the initial impression that this DN story was referring to a 'new book' that was not Selena's? As if the writer didn't really understand the impact of the excerpt and subsequent media meltdown?

Maybe it's early and I'm not properly caffeinated, but that was an odd read.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

This, from AP....

The Daily News reported in Thursday’s edition that Sports Illustrated writer Selena Roberts’ upcoming book “A-Rod” offers an unflattering portrait of the MVP slugger as a needy personality who wanted his ego stroked constantly.

The paper doesn’t say how it obtained a copy of the Harper Collins book, scheduled to be released on May 12.

Drink more coffee. :)

But yes, the DN story was a little weird. AP to the rescue!!!

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I don't think writer was talking about Roberts book. Some of things mentioned seem more hearsay than fact based.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I hope there is more than just Canseco's guesswork behind the "revelation" that he was using in high school. Forget what we already know about Canseco as a human being, this is also a man who has admitted to hating Rodriguez and the best he can come up with is he thinks the guy was using when he was 18 because he could lift almost as much as Canseco back then? Weak.

I'm not even questioning that Rodriguez started using that young. Based on other things I have heard and read, I believe he did. But to put it in the book, I hope Roberts can do better than that backing up the claim. It certainly would make it harder for Rodriguez to justify his actions because it would mean even his apology was a blatant lie.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

A-Rod may have been taking steroids since HS! YAY!

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2009/04/report_arod_use.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.