1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shocking development in Philly!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Amazing. "Unnamed teammates" sowing dissension and politicking in the media for Jeff Garcia to be named the starting quarterback. Whod'a thunk it?

Let's see. On one hand, we have a 30-year-old 5-time Pro Bowler; on the other hand, we have a 37-year-old (in 3 weeks) burned-out washed-up has-been who has bombed out in three of his last four stops, and happened to have four decent games in a row late in the season.

Yeah sure, let's go with the 37-year old. You betcha. ::) ::)
  2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, we see which side you're aligning behind, so you have fun with that. ;)
  3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

What are the odds the unnamed former teammate is Terrell Owens?
  4. yeah, he loves Garcia
  5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Sorry, per new SportsJournalists.com style, my original comment should have been in blue.
  6. Oz

Oz Active Member

McNabb was fourth-highest rated passer in the NFL this past season. His job is safe.
  7. Starman

Funny how on every single team Jeff Garcia ends up on, all of a sudden you get "unnamed teammates" barfing off the record to the media how "plenty of players" want him to be the starting quarterback.

An amazing coincidence, I'm sure. ;)

P.S.: Any player who truly believes a healthy Jeff Garcia should be the starting quarterback over a healthy Donovan McNabb should be immediately locked in a padded room and given nothing to hurt himself with except maybe blunt crayons and soggy Oreo cookies, then banned from ever participating in organized football again.
  8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

An even more coincidental it's an unnamed former teammate, which means the guy isn't actually on the Eagles.
  9. Starman

It's not a "former teammate." It's a "seasoned veteran quarterback" who by amazing incredible coincidence has played on the same team as Jeff Garcia for, oh, the last 36 years. :D :D :D
  10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Or maybe it's Garcia.

BTW, "barfing off the record" is perhaps the funniest expression ever coined here.

Edit: Fuckin Starman! He beat me to it!!! :D ;D :D
  11. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

So there's no chance McNabb becomes the Culepepper of '07? No. 5 can sign with Cleveland and finally overcome the debacle that was the 1999 draft.

"You may say, I'm a dreamer..."

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Active Member

You got love Garcia for playing the Jedi-Mind trick on a few Eagles teammates to start talking about dumping McNabb. [/Jeff Garcia]

Other than that, when the T.O. debacle went down, there were been several teammates who have questioned McNabb, like Trotter and Westbrook. Unless a few of them are "talking" again, if I'm Lurie and Reid, I would pay no attention. Donovan is the starter for 2007, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Period.
Draft saved Draft deleted