1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shocking development in Philly!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2739967

Amazing. "Unnamed teammates" sowing dissension and politicking in the media for Jeff Garcia to be named the starting quarterback. Whod'a thunk it?

Let's see. On one hand, we have a 30-year-old 5-time Pro Bowler; on the other hand, we have a 37-year-old (in 3 weeks) burned-out washed-up has-been who has bombed out in three of his last four stops, and happened to have four decent games in a row late in the season.

Yeah sure, let's go with the 37-year old. You betcha. ::) ::)

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, we see which side you're aligning behind, so you have fun with that. ;)

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

What are the odds the unnamed former teammate is Terrell Owens?

4. yeah, he loves Garcia

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Sorry, per new SportsJournalists.com style, my original comment should have been in blue.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

McNabb was fourth-highest rated passer in the NFL this past season. His job is safe.

7. Starman

Funny how on every single team Jeff Garcia ends up on, all of a sudden you get "unnamed teammates" barfing off the record to the media how "plenty of players" want him to be the starting quarterback.

An amazing coincidence, I'm sure. ;)

P.S.: Any player who truly believes a healthy Jeff Garcia should be the starting quarterback over a healthy Donovan McNabb should be immediately locked in a padded room and given nothing to hurt himself with except maybe blunt crayons and soggy Oreo cookies, then banned from ever participating in organized football again.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

An even more coincidental it's an unnamed former teammate, which means the guy isn't actually on the Eagles.

9. Starman

It's not a "former teammate." It's a "seasoned veteran quarterback" who by amazing incredible coincidence has played on the same team as Jeff Garcia for, oh, the last 36 years. :D :D :D

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Or maybe it's Garcia.

BTW, "barfing off the record" is perhaps the funniest expression ever coined here.

Edit: Fuckin Starman! He beat me to it!!! :D ;D :D

11. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

So there's no chance McNabb becomes the Culepepper of '07? No. 5 can sign with Cleveland and finally overcome the debacle that was the 1999 draft.

"You may say, I'm a dreamer..."

:)

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

You got love Garcia for playing the Jedi-Mind trick on a few Eagles teammates to start talking about dumping McNabb. [/Jeff Garcia]

Other than that, when the T.O. debacle went down, there were been several teammates who have questioned McNabb, like Trotter and Westbrook. Unless a few of them are "talking" again, if I'm Lurie and Reid, I would pay no attention. Donovan is the starter for 2007, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Period.

Draft saved Draft deleted