1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shocker! NFL investigation says NFL didn't see Rice elevator video

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 8, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I think they would have done that if it had been bad news. :D

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That, and a Friday release runs at least the risk of this getting talked about instead of the weekend games. Now, everyone can get this out of the way today and, by Friday, talk matchups.

This is the best NFL weekend of the year. I'm having a bunch of guys over to watch the Saturday games, like I always do. I know we what we won't be talking about: the Mueller report.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The conflict of interests between Mueller's old firm and the NFL are numerous. Three former attorneys from the firm now work for the NFL. They are completely entwined.

What a dick Goodell is.

“Mueller has a history of protecting his own,’’ said Albano. “During part of his time at the FBI, there were 150 shootings involving federal agents and they were all investigated and the FBI was cleared in every one.

“Imagine that. One hundred and fifty and 0. He ought to go to Vegas if he can get odds like that.”

(In 2013, the New York Times reported that from 1993-2011, FBI agents were involved in 150 shootings and internal bureau investigations deemed all 150 shootings justified. Mueller was director of the bureau from 2001-13.)

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Considering that the investigators are being paid by the NFL, that modern response is perfectly understandable.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Michael McCann‏@McCannSportsLaw
    Hard to have an "independent report" when it could be used by Ray Rice in wrongful termination case and used by Adrian Peterson in lawsuit.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't think the report will be news because I think any sports fan who's interested has assumed this report would be a bag job from the time it was announced.

bigpern23 and poindexter like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted