1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SHOCKER!: Knoxville (alleged) shooter a fan of Fox News.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

kind of ironic that he had such issues with Democrats and the liberal views of the church, yet he was also upset that his food stamps were cut.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's typical. I'm a conservative and it's different when I get food stamps (or use drugs, or alcohol or prostitutes) than when all those lowlifes leech off the government and commit crimes, etc.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Updated link.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/jul/29/suspects-note-cites-liberal-movement-church-attack/

4. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I think this is jason Whitlock's opportunity to jump off his tired "blame a rapper" movement and enter this new field "blaming fox news" for creating killers.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Rupert Murdoch is a saggy pants killer!

6. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

LOL!!!

It's funny how so many people rightfully separate Fox News and this crazed gunman's actions on one hand but would blame hip hop for the stupid actions of others.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, well I had sex with your wife! [/costanza]

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good point.

But if, on the other hand, studies show that listening to violent, anti-social music and playing violent, anti-social video games leads to violent, behavior .... then listening to vile, stupid commentators on Fox News must lead to vile, stupid behavior.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I figured by comparing Fox News with Jodie Foster, I'd avoid being accused of blaming Fox News for the shooting, unless you think Foster really was behind Hinkley going after Reagan.
    What I do wonder about is that the (alleged) shooter pretty clearly was targeting liberals, putting into action what many commentators have suggested with their rhetoric. Espousing wishes of physical harm on anyone based on their political views shouldn't be tolerated. This isn't just a Fox News thing.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

He doesn't know what that means ...

Draft saved Draft deleted