1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shocker: Guy behind N'SYNC, Backstreet Boys liked having sex with young men

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bill Brasky, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

That's like finding out that Hef sleeps with Playmates.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10022007/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Surprised it's only coming out now. If this had been going on for so long, with so many, why did everyone keep their mouths shut?

3. IU90

IU90 Member

Probably because the only witnesses saw it in their own best interests to keep their mouth shut too. They we're getting rich and famous off this guy, or at least hoped to. And it would hardly help their image or career to let the world know they got where they were in part by looking the other way as a pervert molested them or others around them.

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i've somewhat had dealings with this scumbag before. my nephew, a very talented singer, paid this guy's "talent agency" a good amount of money (actually, it was grandma who provided the $$) to be part of a talent showcase in florida when he was 18 and very unworldy. convinced my mom that he had checked it out and it was legit. as someone who previously chased that entertainer dream, it smelled more than a bit to me so i put my reporter skills to work and found all kinds of dirt. finally managed to get mom's money back. and the nephew? he's the lead entertainer on the best cruiseline around and working toward relocating to the big apple. hopefully he'll need a good press guy before too long and i can make some real money riding his coat tails! glad to see mr. perlman getting what he deserves for making a lot of his money off kids to dreamy-eyed to see the con jobs he's been pulling for years.

5. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I would think they had their mouths open, but it was hard to talk. Just a hunch.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So this isn't about the pic of the Wichita State cheerleader with those dirty naughty eyes flashing the Shocker on national TV, huh?

7. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Paging Menudo's manager ...

8. Nice lede. Reading that story made me sick. It was obviously well known that he was a sicko.

Why would people let him get away with this stuff?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

9. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

The guy who wrote it named Richard Johnson! Now that's funny.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hog-fat -- classic.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I thought the quotes sounded a little too good to be true.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Don't think the shocker would work in these instances.

Draft saved Draft deleted