1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shirt in or out? Men?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

GQ is always a very interesting magazine to read. Fashion can also be classic. The guy who writes GQ style column is very classic in his tastes.

2. Ah, didn't realize.

Carry on.

3. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Shirt always tucked in, t-shirt or button-down, slacks or jeans. No belt. Shave every 7-10 days. Would live in jeans, t-shirts, sweatshirts and old running shoes if I could. Spend no more than $100 a year on clothes not for working out.

Thoughts from the poster least likely to appear in GQ...

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I just don't get the T-shirt-tucked-in look.
    But that's just me, and like I said, if the situation doesn't call for certain attire I wear some really ratty clothes.

5. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

Shirts are out, untucked at clubs, pubs and a lot of public gathering places here in Europe.
    I see it more and more, too, when I'm home in the States.
    Long sleeved collared, untucked shirts. Often a size too small or tight.
    It's a popular look

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I don't think I've ever been at a game and been told that I looked unprofessional. My girlfriend is waaaaaay too much into style, and though I just wear what I like regardless of what is "cool," she never complains. I try on shirts before I buy them, and I make sure they look fine if they're not tucked. I don't think it's a big deal. If I was covering something that dictates a less casual look, I'll tuck, I'll wear a coat, or a suit ... that's fine. I just don't believe in wearing a coat to cover ANY football, baseball, basketball, etc.. game. I think I can wear jeans and a nice shirt — untucked — and look more professional than the slob next to me tucking in his pasta-stained, 15-year-old shirt.

Draft saved Draft deleted