1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shirt in or out? Men?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Out. Almost always.

I'm not saying that's what I do. I'm saying that's what every man should do.

2. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Tuck it in. You're trying to make an impression here. Some of those peeps might be older than you are.

You can always untuck later to show how cool you are. But then I figure that you're a slob who doesn't know how to wear a suit.

The suit proves that you can look polished. So try to look polished when you need to look polished, OK?

It's not that hard.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I went to Catholic schools every year until college. I rarely tuck my shirt in these days. I also shave just twice a week ... I'm a rebel.

While we're on this subject, I'm sick and tired of seeing some of my fellow writers wearing sport coats and such to cover games. It's as stupid and pretentious as the middle initial bullshit.

4. Hammer Pants

Tucking your shirt in doesn't mean you're a professional.

Acting professional means you're a professional.

Shit ... we're covering sports. Wear a collar, don't wear cut-offs and you're fine.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"the tuck " in casual setting just does not look right.

6. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Bullshit on that. Show up and look like someone who knows how to dress well.

7. Hammer Pants

And you can only dress well with a tucked-in shirt? That's ridiculous.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I tried untucking my shirt for a while. Looking back, I wonder why I did.

I feel I look far better with my shirt tucked in, since it provides more of a silhouette for my frame, and I think it makes me look sharper.

I do try to wear jackets if the weather isn't too overbearing as well, and an obviously an untucked shirt with a jacket just looks terrible. It applies the same way with t-shirts with a short-cut zip jacket, so most of the time my t-shirt will be tucked into my jeans/khakis.

10. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I prefer when guys tuck in their shirts, for whatever that's worth. I just tend to like guys who dress well.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Excuse us for dressing in a manner in which we feel comfortable.

I grew up wearing a jacket and tie to school most every day, and when the school allowed us to wear our own suits at age 16, I took advantage, and certainly liked the way it made me look.

Just because you see it as pretentious doesn't make it so.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thank you for not disappointing, sir.

Draft saved Draft deleted