1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shirley Sherrod/Andrew Breitbart

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The real problem ensued when the White House and the NAACP validated the altered video.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, it's all their fault. Old Breitbart played no role in it at all. Just ask him.

The victim in all this is probably the best person of the players involved ... http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/07/21/sherrod.profile/

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

In trying to reply to the NAACP, he was probably not as cautious as he should have been.

He did use this woman as a pawn and should probably apologize.

But, I think this is even more proof that claims of racism -- whether by the NAACP, by a right wing blogger, or by members of JournoList -- should be made with the utmost caution.

Racism is evil. Pure evil. And a false claim of it is insidious an serves to discredit all true claims.

4. Boom_70

Clearly Breitbart played a major role but without willing accomplishes he would have remained a right wing nut case with a discredited story that would be gone by now.

5. YankeeFan

Did it air on any news network before they forced her to resign?

I heard it was on Fox's website, but did they air it?

From what I can tell, CNN made the biggest deal of the story before all of the facts were in.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

According to Shep Smith, yes.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

From what you can tell or from what you would like to believe?

8. Boom_70

Really does not matter after the Obama administration trumped all networks.

After the Cambridge fiasco you would have thought someone would have learned something.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Right. Stop listening to the lying, braying, right-wing rabble rousers.

10. YankeeFan

I'm willing to hear other opinions. What's yours?

I know that she expressed anger with Roland Martin of CNN.

And -- I guess to their credit -- I believe they were the first ones to put her on the air & let her tell her side of the story.

Morning Joe was playing clips of her appearance on CNN on their show this morning.

11. YankeeFan

Was just in the car & had some right wing talk radio.

Sounds like a lot of people on the right are pissed at Breitbart for running the story.

It would have been nice if as many people were outraged by the NAACP's claim and if the media had investigated it to the same degree.

Also, has anyone found audio or video of any protester using the "N" word, or spitting on anybody, on the day the Hose passed the Health Care Bill. I know Breitbart has offered $100,000 for evidence of the "N" word.

And I don't believe that John Lewis or anyone else is willing to currently go on the record and make the claim.

But many made the claim at the time, and many in the media ran with it -- despite no evidence.

12. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

Andrew Breitbart is full of it, and I feel sorry for anyone who buys his excuses. In his completely manipulated full-of shit story that accompanied the altered video, his second line is "context is everything." He then goes on to take a speech completely out of context to serve his racist, anti-Obama agenda, knowing that his uninformed minions will buy it. Unfortunately, too many others (the real media, AG secretary Tom Vilsack) bought it too. At least most of those people apologized and attempted to right their wrongs, while this dolt runs around pretending he had some greater purpose, which he apparently was trying to accomplish through a complete manipulation of the truth.

http://biggovernment.com/abreitbart/2010/07/19/video-proof-the-naacp-awards-racism2010/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.