1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shirley Sherrod/Andrew Breitbart

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The liberal mainstream media that doesn't fall for far-right dirty tricks is obviously biased.

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

That should probably be "complicit," you stupid fucking moron.

3. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Well, complacent could probably work too. :)

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You have all the charm of a copy editor.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

From Bill O'Reilly earlier this week talking about the New Black Panther story. I wish the words truth and journalism showed up somewhere. I guess that doesn't matter in cable news?
    "There is a growing split about how the news is covered in this country," O'Reilly said. "The old guard mainstream media makes decisions based upon ideology, race and elitism. The new media, of which Fox News is a part, covers what Americans believe is important to them. That's why we are a dominant No. 1, and I submit we have far more influence than the network news does."

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The new media is fond of labeling people and organizations while being appalled at being labeled themselves.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I was about to point out that was a bit harsh. But now I see what you did there.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Even if it was, he chose a video from 1986. Talk about really reaching to make a point.

EDIT: I guess the video is from this year, and the incident was from 1986. Still, a pretty big reach.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I thought Frum's take on the two different types of Conservatives was interesting. There does seem to be a strain of "ratfuckers" that still exist and thrive, seemingly trying to settle past scores and slights from the Nixon era.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I've read and watched the entire speech. It's not a speech that you would want a Federal Govt official to give. It was ill conceived and divisive in it's entirety.

Take this quote:

"There are jobs at USDA and many times there are no people of color to fill those jobs because we shy away from agriculture. We hear the word agriculture and think, 'Why are we working in the fields?'" she said.

"You've heard of a lot of layoffs. Have you heard of anybody in the federal government losing their job? That's all I need to say."

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The entire Bozell family has been a veritable fount of unintentional hilarity
    for many, many years.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . and we owe so, so much of it to Loofah Boy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.