1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shipping a car

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Life, Jul 27, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You could sell your car to a private buyer. You never know. You won't get a lot for it, but you won't have to pay a lot for a new one either.

2. The Life

The Life Member

Thanks for the suggestions. Still, has anybody shipped a car? And if so, any suggestions on a reliable company?

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I have contacts in the US transporation industry. I'll ask.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You could pay Dana Carvey to drifve it for you.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

6. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Not sure where you need to go to, but doesn't Amtrak have Auto Trains for this purpose?

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

While living in North Carolina, I bought a car on e-Bay. The car was in Vermont. I bought a one-way ticket, the guy picked me up and I drove back home in about 14-15 hours.

I remember thinking as the guy drove me to the most remote corner of Vermont that another version of "Deliverance" could take place there. We drove by one house, and the guy says, "Those are the xxx brothers. There used to be three of them, but now there are only two. One of them disappeared about five years ago. Most people think his brothers killed him and buried him."

Draft saved Draft deleted