1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Shining" trailer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

2. This is at least two years old. Funny, though.

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I read about that last night. The new Esquire has a profile of David Fincher and he was playing the video for a reporter...Fincher talked about how he should have cut a trailer like that for "Fight Club"

4. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Somehow this one should have included the kid's scary refrain: "Red-rum, red-rum, red-rum." That always gets me, just as the shot of a frozen Nicholson at the end. I love it, maybe Jack's best role.

5. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I remember seeing the trailers and commercials for "Cocktail" and watching the videos including "Kokomo" and thinking it was this happy, feel-good movie.

Then I watched it and couldn't believe how dark it was...

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Holy krap, that was funny! The Shining is one of my all-time favs, and I've seen it so many times it's almost like a comedy, like the trailer.

7. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

The use of "Solsbury Hill" is genius.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fantastic. The only thing missing ...

"And Danny's found some new playmates!"

[​IMG]

"Come play with us!"

9. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Fincher article was really good, I thought. Though he contradicts himself - in one breathe, his movies don't have any deep meaning, he's just an entertainer, etc., etc. In the next breathe, "People didn't like 'Fight Club' because they didn't get it!' "

But I thought it was cool to read that he's really a normal guy that loves to make movies, not some deranged weirdo like his flicks would lead you to believe. Bit of a control freak and tough to work for, but a professional movie maker.

Draft saved Draft deleted