1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shhh... WVU talking to Ok. St. asist. to take over for Uncle Billy.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 14, 2010.

1. There has been a lot of smoke over this the past few weeks. I suspect the P-G is as close to right on this situation as anyone has been.
    Stupid, spoiled WVU fans. Not saying Uncle Billy was a great coach, but you avg. what 9, 10 wins a season and it ain't good enough?! Menawhile Dick-Rod continues to push the UofM into the doldrums of Big 10 football and still has a job? Whoda thunk it?

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Wow. Holgorsen has been courted by Pitt and West By God, and he's also in the rumor mill as Florida's OC.
  3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Active Member

From the I Feel Old files: I covered a high school football game that Dana Holgorsen played in.

He's a good guy, and he's been a quick riser through the coaching ranks.
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Maybe they're just signaling to RichRod -- sorry, Dick-Rod -- that when Harbaugh bumps him out there's a happy homecoming waiting!
  5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Isn't the word that he leads a very active and interesting life away from the job?
  6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Here is my question - all the people who whined about what a jagoff RichRod is for what he did to WVU -- are they now going to spew the same amount of hatred upon their beloved school's athletic department for the ridiculous way it just fucked over the head coach?
  7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Rodriguez got way too much of the blame for how that went down.

There are always disagreements over buyout clauses when a coach leaves but most ADs are smart enough to work it out in private. Not so at West By God.
Draft saved Draft deleted