1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

She's a man, baby!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Backyardigan, Aug 19, 2009.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Way, WAY more information than we needed.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Wouldn't living in an oceanfront resort town result in more hot chicks than ugly?

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Sadly, no. Maybe if we could chase some of the damn tourists away ...

Hm. Note to self: More sharks. And soon.

4. UPDATE: She's a hermaphrodite.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2009/09/10/2009-09-10_caster_semenya_.html

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Since she can go both ways, I say let her keep the medal and not be allowed to race any more unless she has surgery to correct her problem. That would seem like the fair thing to do.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Wait...what?!?

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The story says that the condition is life-threatening. I was not aware of that.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Is there a surgery that corrects the no womb, no ovaries, internal testicles problem?

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Stoney, this wasn't a man-made thing. That's why I say let her, him, it, whatever you want to call this person, keep the medal and the record. It sound like a very sad story, especially since its life-threatening.

10. KG

KG Active Member

Talk about a tough situation.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am sure there is. I am not certain what options you have in that case, however.

12. Crash

Crash Active Member

What's next? Are we going to start testing the men who come in last to see if they're actually women?

Draft saved Draft deleted