1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sheep is done and so am I

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by copperpot, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Where's 21 in all this? She usually comes to her boyfriend's rescue.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If only reality matched your warped fantasies.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So you think the board will die because Boom is gone?

4. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

Uhh---hey guys, there's some background here on the deceased member that you don't know about. I got a message from the family, I discussed it with the moderators, and they unanimously supported how I suggested handling the situation. I have several emails from the family thanking me for how the situation was handled. I can't say more unfortunately without violating personal privacy.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think there was another poster who had a much more direct role there... but ultimately, no, I don't think the schism would have happened.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Remember when we used to have farewell threads and everyone would tell the OP to f off? Not that copperpot deserves or should be told to f off. That's just the way SJ used to work.

SJ used to have the Mike Tomlin next-man-up mentality. Now we fear everyone who leaves is the Chris Borland tipping point.

JackReacher likes this.
  7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Nothing stays the same.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I too got the message about Boom and I told Jeff what I'll say here: I didn't know the poster enough to care one way or another. (He and I never visited the same threads so I had no interaction with him or her)
    That being said, I don't like the way this board is going. This used to be a vibrant community full of huge threads on all the relevant issues both in and out of journalism.
    Now? Well, now I come to comment on the pro wrestling thread and the Walking Dead thread and that's about the extent of it.
    It's just a shame.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Since I was the first one to sign up at this incarnation of the board (fortunate timing in that I think Lucas sent the invite emails out early in the morning business hours when much of what would become the board membership was still unconscious after completing their late, late night shift putting their papers to bed), I will offer to be the one to close the doors, too.

When that day does come, I'll probably invite Flash back to take the board out in style, Charlie Brown.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Fuck all of you.

There. I said it. I feel better.

Time for the group hug or orgy.

spikechiquet likes this.
  11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Does the newest member fetch a beer or the lube?

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, when most of the news of the day is "off limits" to a group that is generally politically astute, the number of interesting threads is chopped way down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.