1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sheep is done and so am I

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by copperpot, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm guessing we'd have to tweak it a bit.... :D

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

When Jeff sent out that mass PM about Boom, I assumed Boom had done something via email or PM that pissed people off to the point they complained en masse. He was a pain in the ass at times, but I can think of a few others I would give the boot before Boom whom I think stir the pot far worse than he did. Judging by the reaction here, it doesn't feel like he went that far.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

But then we couldn't link to Aerosmith's Pink when someone went off the rails ...

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

In the PM, Jeff mentioned a "pattern" of behavior -- not a post or anything like that -- that led to Boom's permaban. And like others have said, his mind was already made up, so I didn't respond because I knew what I said wouldn't matter anyway.

I didn't know Verse had been banned as well. Not sure what he did to merit that, but it couldn't have been that bad.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

What about when two are in the pink?

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Second time offenders would go into the stink. :D

7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Going back to being serious for a moment, one thing that should be grounds for some vacation time are vile and threatening PMs.

If you don't have the ability to say what you mean out on the board without resorting to those devices, don't be a coward and hide behind the PM curtain and let your freak flag fly.

And no, I'm not talking about the PM exchange I had with Jeff. It was polite and civil.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If this happens nine years ago, does the schism occur?

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I also had the PM from Jeff about his banning Boom, and like many of you, I disagreed with it. His interesting sense of humor is missing around here, IMHO.

Sorry to see you go, copperpot, but I can't argue with your reasons.

Newspapers — and what's left of their newsrooms — aren't as enjoyable as they used to be, either.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

:mad: "Metrics, people! METRICS!!!!" :mad:

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If the board didn't die when a member tried to get another member fired, causing a mass exodus from the board, it will survive Boom being banned. He brought it on himself.

Of course, this thread wasn't started because of Boom, but it won't die over this issue either.

JackReacher and JC like this.
  12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Maybe some of the malcontents who formed their own playground are happy. I don't know why Jeff would be catering to them and pissing off the people who, you know, actually post here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.