1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sheep is done and so am I

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by copperpot, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Gonna miss you Copperpot. Thanks all you've done for the board.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

No. I simply got a PM saying Boom was banned. I had a conversation with him about it, but he didn't seem to care what anyone thought.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Godspeed copperpot. You've brought a lot of joy to this board.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That sounds pretty powerful.

Best wishes to you.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Jeff, is this a good time to ask again about awarding trophy points for winning the Sheep championship?

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I was also sent the PM and had a conversation with Jeff after Boom was banned.

What I am wondering about is the member in the post I quoted said he/she was "asked" by Jeff about Boom. The PM I was sent was after Boom was banned. Were some members polled, or whatever, before Boom was banned?

7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

This got my day started off with a laugh. Thank you.

8. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Another great one gone... Copperpot will be missed.

Boom is definitely missed.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

That was my bad, and I apologize. Jeff didn't ask me, per se, what my opinion was. It sounds like I got the same PM anybody else got, and yes, it came after Jeff had already permanently banned Boom_70.

But I gave him my opinion, anyway, because it seemed like, by sending that PM, out of the blue as I said, when I'd had zero contact with him ever before, that he was kind of asking for it. And I still think he kind of was asking for it. You know, as if he knew he might be making the wrong decision and so, was bouncing it off of other people to see what they thought.

I termed that sense "asking" when I guess it wasn't actually that, because it was after the fact. Still, I'd thought that even if a decision had already been made, I could, perhaps, be a voice to possibly help change it. That's why I responded.

But it sounds like nobody else's input made any difference. That's really too bad. I hate when people just won't be swayed, no matter what, simply because, seemingly, they want to be right, or because they've decided it's their way or the highway.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I can't believe no one asked me.

12. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I would be very surprised if anyone here was happy Boom was banned.

old_tony and Mr. Sunshine like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.