1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sheep 2012 (Week 10 questions on page 34)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by copperpot, Jan 9, 2012.

1. The rest of your argument would, at the very least, warrant a discussion. One you would lose pretty quickly, one you should be embarrassed about starting over a game with no prize . . . but whatever, a discussion nonetheless. But this post? Seriously? No words, man . . . no words. You really should be embarrassed by furthering this discussion.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And you don't know copper's life, or what's going on in it.

Jesus. Continuing to rant and calling someone lame and petty and pulling a "colossally bitchy move" when you spent 2 minutes a week on it and she spent 2 hours a week on it?

I can't wrap my mind around THIS being the fight.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Same here. Not only that this is the fight, but that he continues to fight it when so many of us have pointed out how incredibly ridiculous it is.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I think what makes it worse is that the other two of us who missed the deadline have said it's not a big deal that she didn't include our answers.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's not first annual, dammit. :p

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Follow wooly hacks
    pack mindset is encouraged
    conformists feted

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I made it a point to get the answers in on time. It wasn't particularly convenient for me last week either. The only thing petty and lame is someone bitching about how a volunteer fairly operates a game for others' enjoyment.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Hey, so ... congrats to Pilot.

9. Key

Key Well-Known Member

I'd like to apologize to Copper and the rest of the sheep for not getting my answers in this week. I was on vacation and just never had the chance to submit.

I can understand people being upset with missing the hard deadline, but I'm surprised by the venom over what's been a fun game.

I thought Copper did a great job, and I'd love to play again sometime.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Thanks, Ms. Pot. I hope a few assholes won't lead you to discontinue doing this.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

The ranting by Mizzou here is among the more insane tirades I remember on this board. By the time I reached the end, I was trying to convince myself it was some sort of elaborate, unfunny joke. That's still about the only thing that makes sense. I wouldn't have been that pissed if I'd missed and I was in first place. How could any possibly care enough to be that much of an asshole?

As a way of apologizing for us sheep, I'm going to donate all my winnings to a charity of copperpot's choice.

12. Congrats on the win, Pilot. Well said. And another big thanks to copperpot for all of the time and effort put into making this a fun game for most of us here. I always look forward to Mondays during Sheep season. Like many others, I hope a few bad apples won't keep copperpot from running Sheep in the future.

Draft saved Draft deleted