1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sheep 2012 (Week 10 questions on page 34)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by copperpot, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was preparing for my kid's birthday party and I forgot to file on Friday. I filed at 9 a.m. Saturday morning. I would bet just about anything that she had not started counting the points before then.

She could have been cool about it. She wasn't.

2. So she doesn't get the credit for cutting people slack all season long when she accepts late answers, but she hears this shit when she follows through with clearly posted rules? I guess that's how life works . . . people hear nothing when they do something well, but the shit never stops when people complain. And in this case, she didn't do an effin' thing wrong. I think the first quote in your sig says a lot.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Again, you were on the board Friday. You were also on Thursday and Wednesday and Tuesday and Monday. You made a choice to wait until the last possible moment to try to get a leg up — which makes no sense in the context of this game, but that's another point — and you forgot when that last possible moment arrived. You have no one to blame but yourself.

She could have counted the scores, but she then would have screwed people — including me and, most obviously, Pilot — who sent in their answers on time.

4. Mizzougrad96

You don't know my schedule. You don't know what I have going in my life.

Yeah, I was trying to get a leg up. I was going to finish between 20th and 22nd or so. You found me out.

5. Mizzougrad96

I have a suggestion as to where she can stick it.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Oh my God, Mizzou.

You're a petulant fucking child. Grow the fuck up.

I missed the deadline -- which was entirely my fault -- as well. But do you see me on here complaining and whining and throwing a fit about it? No. So do us all a favor and STFU.

Copper, thanks for a fun game. And sorry for all the jackasses on here.

7. Mizzougrad96

I made my point. :D

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I don't know what you have going on in your life, but I'm guessing that if this means enough to you that you would call someone a bitch over it, you probably could have pulled yourself away from the Peyton Manning thread for the one minute it takes to answer 10 Sheep questions.

And what the fuck else is the explanation for waiting? You unquestionably were trying to see if you could steal a few extra points, or you would have just answered the goddamned question when you first saw it. You're informed enough that you probably would have put the Broncos as your answer on Tuesday or any other day this week. And even if you put the Titans, you would have received 10 points.

Trying to get extra points is the only logical motivator behind someone seeing the questions and having the first instinct of, "Gee, sure would be smart to hold on to your answers until the last possible second to maybe try to get seven extra points." That thought didn't occur to me, and it's fundamentally illogical in the context of the game. Unless you honestly thought everyone was going to wait on the Peyton Manning question, you had no reason to think the Sheep answer for the question would match the real world answer to the question. The Broncos and Titans were clearly in the lead at the middle of last week. It was always going to be a coin flip, even if Manning had agreed with Denver late Thursday.

Your point is made, but it's also fucking childish, condescending and mean. Copperpot put a lot of work into this, and this wouldn't have happened without that work. But continue in your smugness, by all means, if you are that pissed that you didn't finish 16th.

9. KYSportsWriter

You really didn't.

And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't there been a deadline all along? Only it was a "soft" deadline and not a strictly enforced one like in the final week?

10. Mizzougrad96

It wasn't enforced until the final week.

11. KYSportsWriter

Hence the "soft" part there, chief.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

How do you know it wasn't enforced?

Like KY said, there has always been a deadline. And it has always been said, you miss it at your own peril.

Stop being an ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted