1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shea Hillenbrand vs. Terrell Owens

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jul 20, 2006.

1. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Don't have time to post a link -- I'm working -- but I just saw in an AP story that the guy was pissed because the club wasn't "sensitive" to the fact he needed some time to complete the adoption out in Cal recently. Sounds as if he asked for a day or two off.

So was he pissed because they didn't congratulate him on the adoption? Or was he pissed because he asked to be excused or a day or two or three and was denied the time?

Just curious.

2. ShelbyFoote

ShelbyFoote Member

armageddon:

He was given four days off. He was pissed he wasn't congratulated, then demanded a trade, then wrote, "This is a sinking ship" on the dry erase board.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

What's more, if the account of what happened is correct, rather than going to Gibbons or J.P. and telling them that the adoption was going to take place, his agent placed the phone call to Gibbons and Riccardi. Hillenbrand didn't even bother to tell anyone anything about adopting the newborn beforehand. It was "fuck telling them, I'm gone." Then he returns and goes "What the fuck is wrong you all of you? Are you going to thank me for providing a new home to a newborn?"

Chris Rock had a funny quote along the lines of Hillebrand's act: It's like keeping your nose clean and out of jail, then you go around town screaming "I've never been in jail!" What you want? A cookie?

21, the only thing IMM (in my mind) that Riccardi and Gibbons was guilty of was not nipping this in the bud last year when there were hints that Shea and Gibbons were not getting along.

4. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

I TAKE CARE OF MY KIDS!

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yep, TO really suffered while collecting all his cash.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Didn't mean to sound so short with you. But for every T.O. who manages to collecte his coin for being a turd in the punchbowl, there's dozens of guys whose zero long-term security is at risk with every step.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

YOU S'POSE TO, YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!?!?! ;D

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

According to today's DMN, both Hillenbrand and TO will be in the 'Plex by August, so we'll see.

Draft saved Draft deleted