1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shawano Leader (Shawano, WI) looking for sports editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by photogsports, Apr 15, 2011.

1. photogsports

photogsports New Member

SPORTS EDITOR - Green Bay area publishing group seeks sports editor applicants. We offer an active prep sports scene, diverse outdoor recreation opportunities, a chance to cover the Green Bay Packers, competitive salary and benefits. Applicant must be strong writer-editor and leader, be able to work independently, be adept at planning and organization, be committed to nontraditional story forms and multimedia development, and understand sports is not a 9-5 job. Application deadline is April 22. Please send letter of introduction, resume, clips or links, and salary expectations to Roger Bartel at rbartel@bluelinemediaholdings.com.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Protection from crazy-ass cult not included.

3. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

What cult would that be -- cheeseheads?

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Maybe I'm mistaken, but didn't 60 Minutes do a piece on some town in Wisconsin a few years back that was home to some right-wing cult group? Can't remember what town it was.

5. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

I know at one point they had a Packers/Preps writer. But that was a while and a pay cut ago.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Their website now lists a sports editor and writer. If they are anything close to a daily, I doubt they'd do more than gamers on the Packers. Just too much other stuff and too few manhours to go around.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yes. This was that town.

8. BillySixty

BillySixty Member

Any idea what happened to Cory Dellenbach?

They actually do more with Packers than you might believe. Dellenbach was the SE but he was a very good photographer and the AP used him for a lot of Packers stuff. They'd also staff all home games with a reporter. Not sure what they'd do for offseason stuff but I imagine they have a presence there as well.

The website is awful though.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Giggle.

10. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Does anyone know anything about the parent company?

As I recall, this paper used to be part of the Capital Newspapers chain, because we shared Packer content with them for our Packer/Badger preview when I worked there in the mid-2000s.

11. Mira

Mira Member

The parent company is Davenport, Iowa-based Lee Enterprises, which also publishes the Wisconsin State Journal.

12. ToddMish

ToddMish New Member

Wrong. Lee sold this publication to BlueLine Media, which is listed in the e-mail address that you're supposed to send resumes, etc., to.

Anybody got any updates on what's going on with this position?

Draft saved Draft deleted