1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shaving woes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Apr 8, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Moddy just finished shaving a bunch of wild hairs

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

he sure did.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

As usual, leave it to the Three Stooges to solve all of our problems. Even shaving...face, ice, etc.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.evtv1.com/images/StoogesCooking.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx%3Fitemnum%3D9018&usg=__sLU_t_glzUD0oRFcJtlQKElL_1A=&h=87&w=78&sz=4&hl=en&start=3&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=uHiDVMl7CFX7AM:&tbnh=77&tbnw=69&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dshaving%2Bthe%2Bice%2Bcurly%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den%26tbs%3Disch:1

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I just lost like 12 posts.

5. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Epic. Who really wanted to type up bowling agate, anyway?

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I wonder if it has to do anything with the pride of pleasantville and the onset of puberty.

7. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

I empathize. My girlfriends love the Ken doll look. But damn it's high maintenance.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've heard it's ridiculously expensive ($3K+) and they can't guarantee the success.

9. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

Tell me about it. Sure my grapes were fuzz free for a while, but after about 9 months I wast out $2K and back to caveman balls.

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I got tired of shaving, too. Now I just use nair. Gotta be careful not to go too high up on the thighs, though

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I still love my Mach 3 - and when' I've bought a gel other than Edge because it was cheaper I've always counted the days until I used it up and could go back to Edge. I also use Afta or one of the other cheap after-shave balms - spent $7 on some Nivea stuff and couldn't wait to be done with it.
    Funny thing - I've gotten more compliments on the Afta or Gillette balms than I have from actual colognes.

12. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I use a safety razor. An old Gillette Fat Boy. Drop in an inexpensive double-edged blade after every five shaves and you're good to go. I also use the shaving brush with the mug. It's my grandfather's; he wrote the date on the brush box when he purchased it (1957.) Works and feels great.

(For what it's worth, Prorasso pre-shave cream and Geo. F. Trumper's shave cream make you feel and smell like a million bucks. I buy both at Amazon, and they last much longer than the crap you buy at the supermarket.)

I'll say this ... the first time I used the safety razor I looked like I dotted myself with a red marker all over my face and neck. It HURT! But the next time was better, and better still after that. Definitely makes shaving an enjoyable part of the day.

Draft saved Draft deleted