1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shaun Rogers Arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by amraeder, Apr 1, 2010.

1. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Except that it's not like this is the first time he's gotten on a plane. The guy is on planes all the time, I'm assuming he usually doesn't take guns on. I'm sure he's usually aware that he can get in big trouble.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think I'll start carrying guns into airports, courthouses, etc etc, because it's not like I'm gonna hijack a plane or shoot up a courthouse.

Then again, I might just continue to obey the law. I know it sounds crazy but it seems to have worked so far.

3. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I'm not saying he should get off. I'm just making the point it's pretty obvious he isn't a real threat, and given the number of times he's been on airplanes, I can actually believe he forgot it was in the bag. If this is the first time he's had a problem with this, what was he doing all those other times? He obviously made sure not to be carrying his gun, so I don't really buy that he thought the rules didn't apply to him.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That works both ways. If someone is used to being on airplanes they know in advance the hassle of security.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

IllMil, why would he have a loaded gun in a packed bag that he WASN'T taking on a plane? I mean, when you go on trips, do you just pick up a bag you packed weeks before? Or why would you just randomly have a loaded gun in a bag? Wouldn't you want the gun WITH you?

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

"I'm an NFL player! I'm not a threat to hijack a plane or... KILL anyone!"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Killing your ex girlfriend/wife, is a little different from randomly shooting up a plane.

Draft saved Draft deleted