1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shaughnessy vs Ortiz

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 10, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's a question that needed to be asked instead of being the elephant in
    the room as it was during the steroid era.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'd have been more shocked if Dan had written that Ortiz was clean as a whistle.

3. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Yes, he was on the 2003 list. But he gives a much stronger "denial" in the original column.

4. This is the same Shaughnessy who referred to Ortiz as a "giant sack of you-know-what" when the Sox signed him as a free agent heading into 2004. It was meant as a slam on Theo Epstein's GM capabilities. An astute baseball mind, that Dan Shaughnessy.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

"This is my fucking needle."

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Also important here is the context of the original question. The impetus for that question was the chant of Jays fans: "PED! PED!" So Shaughnessy didn't simply come up to Ortiz and ask, "Are you juicing?" He asked him, as I understand it, to comment on the fans' chants.

Draft saved Draft deleted