1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sharyl Attkisson Exiting CBS News

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BNWriter, Mar 11, 2014.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Every time someone says "Benghazi" a Fox News executive gets his wings.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Lex Luthor loves him some beachfront property.

3. Baron Scicluna

I think it's also because it's so easy on the tongue. If the location was SuperCalifragiliciousTimbuktu, it would have been out of the news two years ago because nobody would want to keep pronouncing it.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

:D :D :D

5. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Something to smiley-face about now. Nice.

What difference, at this point, does it make? For y'all and Miss Piggy, obviously none.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This was published 10 months ago, about eight months after "Benghazi!!!!!":

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/may/14/fact-checking-claims-about-benghazi/

Tell me, specifically, what needs further reporting and why.

Tell me what Sharyl Attkisson reported that was different and had concrete evidence.

Tell me what further information Attkisson was seeking for which she was stonewalled by the administration, and why that information was relevant.

I'm fine with more scrutiny than attacks that didn't kill American diplomats. But tell me, specifically, why Benghazi deserves 18 months of wall-to-wall coverage any more than the consulate attacks in, say, Turkey, Yemen or Pakistan?

I'll wait.

7. Baron Scicluna

You'll be waiting as long as I am for a solution to the Crisis in Ukraine that doesn't involve war or buzzwords.

8. MisterCreosote

I'd like to hope the answers to those questions will be in her "book," but I'm not holding my breath.

9. MisterCreosote

Just want to point out that Australia has five different time zones, none of which are the same as the one in South Africa.

In fact, the two countries are more than 6,000 miles apart.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Because PATRIOTS.

Also, Strategery. It was on the TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLCE3mSLFFE

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the EQUATOR!

12. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

You took that seriously? Get a load of the big brain on Creosote.

Saw you did some editing, too. You a Tweet deleter as well?

We have not heard from victims' families. We have not had full accounting from Leon Panetta as for what he told Obama. The orders to stand down still are in dispute. Suspicions as to the underlying facts about the Benghazi outpost and its use by CIA have not been quelled. The Susan Rice Sunday-morning fable tour of the networks remains unexplained and unjustified, as do comments at the funeral ceremony by Ms. Clinton to victims' families. Obama's grab at the word "terror" as evidence that he defined the attack all along as an "act of terrorism" is as dishonest as Mr. Clinton's old toying with the meaning of "is."

There was outrageous CYA behavior going on the night of the attack and in its aftermath that has not been properly explained. The perpetrators who were going to be stalked to the ends of the Earth remain at large.

And PolitiFact.com ought to give itself a Mostly False for its very use of the word "fact" in its name. That site has been discredited for its bias here ( http://www.politifactbias.com/ ) and elsewhere.

So there clearly are things that need further unbiased, aggressive reporting. Your other "Tell me" demands are unknowns as long as that work does not get done. Your not wanting to know and your disliking those who might seek further information is about as far from anything related to journalism as one can get.

If that's the level of inquisitiveness you would have regardless of which party was in the WH, you're too big a lap dog to be much of a newsperson. If it's not, then you're too dishonest to be much of a newsperson.

When it comes to government, "leaders" and other glorified civil servants impacting our daily lives, I want all sides' feet held to the fire 24/7. It's the only reason the media have a collective seat at the table. Otherwise, cheerleaders & hecklers alternately.

Draft saved Draft deleted