1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sharyl Attkisson Exiting CBS News

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BNWriter, Mar 11, 2014.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

ttp://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2014/03/10/sharyl-attkisson-leaves-cbs-news/

Considering what she has experienced based on this blog report, should we be surprised? What's more, how much does anyone want to bet Fox News will/hasn't already come calling....?

Does she have a case re: bias?

Just want to hear what the buzz is among my fellow writers. Hope there is no D-B. If there is, will the moderators guide me to where the original thread is, please? Thanks.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Re: Sharyl Attisson Exiting CBS News

Attkisson.

And, she lost all credibility with me after her reporting on vaccines and autism, so she had none left to lose by the time Benghazi happened or healthcare.gov launched.

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

So we have satisfactory answers and explanations for the dead in Benghazi and the lies of Obamacare? Or you just want to invalidate one of the many messengers when convenient?

Of course she has a case re: bias. Most glaring lack of diversity in big newsrooms is the lack of anyone to the right of left-of-center. The obvious difference in vigor and aggressiveness of reporting based on which party is in office reveals the bias for what it is. Good for her to walk the walk, when most of her ilk won't even talk the talk (or, yikes, aren't sharp enough to see it).

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Every piece of reporting she did is on CBS' website with her byline.

Her whole beef was this stuff not making the nightly news on teevee.

To which, I say, daily updates on a law passed four years ago and a terrorist attack two years ago may be overdoing it just a tad. CBS would NOT kill something newsworthy to its viewers simply because of who is president.

Yes, I do.

I don't support Obamacare, but there's nothing you can tell me right now that warrants being on the teevee news every single night.

Healthcare.gov not working is not evidence of anything in the bigger picture, except the incompetence of IT contractors.

Tell me if it's broken. Then, tell me when it's fixed and how much it cost. That's it.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

There is no room for an honest reporter in a corrupt newsroom.

6. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Must have been typing too fast for my own good. Sorry about that. Thanks for catching it.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

At her best, she's can be a really good reporter. She's done great work on the Fast and Furious investigation.

That doesn't mean she can do a "Oh my God, BENGHAZI!" piece every night, while lining up a move to Fox News (and make no mistake -- that's what this is about).

9. Joe Williams

Was on a treadmill last week so had no control over the TV screens that were on and saw the ABC nightly news stack up these pressing news stories: Republicans exploit Putin/Ukraine to score points against Obama, climate change deniers are bad (don't call it "global warming" anymore, it cautioned via the closed-caption), the continuing war on women in how the military handles sexual assault and harassment charges, and then back at the Republicans to point out how big the schism is in that party for, y'know, 2016.

Then it whipped its coverage down to Australia for the lurid story of Oscar Pistorius and "the beautiful woman at his side" who was murdered.

What a complete load of crap, to spend a half-hour of national air time and alleged journalism that way. Indoctrination, bias and sleaze. It's what the mainstream networks do.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Australia?

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yes. That's where the liberal media wants you the think the trial is happening.

12. Joe Williams

Brain cramp. Glad you had fun with it. South Africa. Same time zone or whatever.

Getting more interest from a lot of U.S. media than the failures and deceptions re: four dead Americans in Benghazi.

Draft saved Draft deleted