1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sharon Stone: China's treatment of Tibet caused earthquakes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, May 27, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The ranting and raving preacher who blaimed New Orleans' sins on Katrina didn't endorse any political candidates that I can remember. That's not the point. I would simply like to hear the same kind of derision from the libs against Ms. Stone that they had for the katrina blamers.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

While you're at it, Hondo, make sure you put an "L" and an "R" on your shoes, so you don't forget which is which.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

At the end of her interview she endorsed Obama for president... :D

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Uh, Sharon, if the earthquake was punishment for the way the Chinese government is treating Tibet shouldn't it have hit in Beijing?

And for some reason I got a chuckle at her name dropping the Dalai Lama in that interview.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Somebody say Karma?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

John Hagee is the only preacher who said that Katrina resulted from the sins of New Orleans that I'm aware of. He endorsed John McCain.

If you want to tally coverage of wacky worldviews or the renounce-and-denounce demands for liberal candidates this year vs. those for conservative candidates, knock yourself out. I know the result of that game before we even begin -- I'll draft Wright. You can have everyone else -- which kind of defeats the premise of your entire thread.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Fred Phelps will be coming up with an alternate theory any day now. Care to guess what it might be?

Speak of, figuring he'd already be beating that tired drum, I went to his website for the first time in years, and they actually revamped it. Now they have RSS feeds and ... BLOGS! Truly the internet revolution is upon us.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No you wouldn't.

For it would kill the fantasy house of cards that you have built.

There will be plenty of people --- including some already in this discussion --- who will criticize Stone. But you have no intention for looking for them. Your imaginary "nobody cares that Sharon Stone said it!" house is already built.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

The vapid Hollywood self-importance just leaps off the screen in that interview. I'm guessin she's utterly clueless as to the specific historical details of the Tibet/China issues, she just knows China was "not kind" to Tibet and her "good friend", the Dalai, so this must be Karma.

And, btw, I think this is like the 4th or 5th time I've seen a hollywood type claim a personal friendship with the Dalai Lama. Apparently this is quite the trendy thing to claim there. Or has the Dalai has been hitting the hollywood party circuit, lunching at Spago before hitting the clubs with Lindsay and Britney?

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Hey, see her? The Lohan chick? Nailed her."

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted