1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sharon Pannozzo is out

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by KnuteRockne, Nov 17, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm glad you never had a dealing with Jay like the ones I've had over the years. Plural.

I'm sure your affiliation helped you, but to me, the true measure of a man is how he treats those lower on the totem pole.

Jay Horwitz is the most worthless, least helpful, most vengeful man I've ever met. His actions should be recorded on a daily basis and passed out to other PR people as an example of how not to do the job.

I'll keep how I really feel about the guy to myself.

2. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Sorry, BYH, you're entitled to your opinion. But I can only talk about the man in relation to how he dealt with me directly. I understand you had problems with him, and that's unfortunate. But I can't talk about something I didn't see. I agree that a PR person shouldn't deal differently with people based on where they worked, but it does happen. I remember going through that covering the football Giants many years ago and not liking it. So while I understand how you feel, I can't agree because it didn't happen to me. Hang in there, things can't be as bad as you think.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fair enough, but I think you know as well as I do how different things are for the non-BBWAA writers in Queens.

And re: things can't be as bad as I think...you'd be surprised.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Actually, it's a pretty old joke, just the names and situations are changed. I think it's reached public domain status by now.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

MPC, it probably has. Just looked like an opportunity to needle boom to me. And the joke is funny.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

NW - I never mind a good jab. The give and take is what makes it fun for me .

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Agreed. Joke lifter. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted