1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sharon Pannozzo is out

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by KnuteRockne, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

I had a pretty good encounter with her, but that was at the winter meetings and the Cubs, perhaps not surprisingly, had nothing going on.

Just throwing this out there, but I think being the PR dude (or chick) for the Cubs would be a pretty fun job, so long as you could keep your sense of humor.

And it would make a helluva book ten years down the road.

2. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I actually had no issues with her.
    I had heard about her, of course, and for some reason I got a sense she would be worse with a fellow female (territoriality or something).
    That wasn't the case. I went out of my way to be pleasant. She wasn't unpleasant.

I wonder what's behind the resignation.

If I had any interest in a baseball PR job, I'm with Jones. Of the few that might catch my attention, that's probably one of them. And not just because of all the carbs burned off running up and down from the press box eight times a day. :)

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

that's the nicest thing i've ever heard said about her

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Maybe they could keep her just to make the 800-decibel announcements of the wind direction and velocity on the press box PA at the start of games.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I was wondering why we would care if someone related to the old drummer or bassist of Styx declared her lesbianism.

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

You know, you might just be making a joke there, but I wonder if anybody knows if there actually is a family connection there. The Styx boys, after all, did come from Chicago. This is the first time I realized the connection.

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

But I'm pretty sure she's from Massachusetts.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

I am weeping with joy.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I have ALWAYS wondered if there's a relation. I know she went to school at UMass, but I have no idea if she's a Masshole born and raised. (I keed, I'm very fond of Massachusetts, but the term Masshole works for her)

10. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Judging by the accent, definitely a Bostonian.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

One Panozzo is indeed gay -- Chuck, the Styx bass player. Meanwhile, John, the drummer, drank himself to death 10 years ago.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Well, the newspaper said these are the best of times. And I do believe it's true.

Draft saved Draft deleted