1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Share Your Good News Here

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, May 26, 2010.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That is two weasels. Bless you, Care Bear.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've been craving a good sandwich all day today and couldn't figure out why. Now it dawns on me: this thread.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

My good news today is that the bleeding stopped.

Protip: If you're going to sitting on the floor going through the stack of old papers next to your desk, make sure there's not an Xacto knife poised precariously on a stack of books on said desk. I bumped the desk, heard something rolling and - in a split second, thought "Xacto!". Watched in slo-mo as it rolled off the books, hit the desk, ricocheted off the file cabinet and stick - STICK! - about a half-inch into my leg.

Surprisingly, didn't hurt much. So, I pull it out and there was a fucking geyser of blood. Not a trickle. It was shooting about an inch above my leg. Had to have clipped a fairly large blood vessel.

Anyway, it's been about 30 minutes. I'd bet I lost maybe a cup and a half of blood. So the good news is, I guess, that I have the ability to clot... eventually.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[Kramer and Jerry.]

JERRY: Hey, what are you doing here? I thought you were baby-sitting at Vivian's.

KRAMER: There was an incident.

JERRY: Oh no, where's the blood? (opens the fridge) It's in here isn't it?

KRAMER: Would you stop it.

JERRY: What is this?

KRAMER: It's Jell-O.

JERRY: What about this? This is blood isn't it?!

KRAMER: This is tomato juice, look...(drinks from the bottle.)

JERRY: Ooh, you're sick! You're sick!!

KRAMER: Will you calm down. I took all my blood down to Newman's. He let me put it in his meat freezer.

JERRY: Hey, what's going on? Who made pudding?

KRAMER: Oh yeah yeah, George he came by and made more of those pudding skin singles. They're delicious.

JERRY: Damn that George, I told him I don't want this stuff around here anymore...

(Jerry hits a spatula on the table and one Exacto knife flies through the air.)

KRAMER: Heads up!

JERRY: Aaah...

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Your concept of matching is sorely lacking.

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

This thread has taken some interesting twists and turns.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Now, is that good news?

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The ice cream truck is visiting work today.

Office veterans have told me this happens every Friday through the summer. Basically, guy rolls through the parking lot playing the horn and everyone runs out to get some great tasting summery-goodness. Like people actually run. Apparently it is mass chaos. I love working in offices!

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

"ICE CREAM!! ICE CREAM!! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMING!!"

[​IMG]

"You don't have no ice cream, you don't have no ice cream, you didn't get none, you didn't get none, because you are on the welfare, you can't afford it, you can't afford it.....wanna lick? SIKE!!" :D

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We had a boatload of rain last night/early this morning. Lots and lots and lots of it. The spot at my bay window that had been leaking badly didn't leak.
    Neither did the dogs - they often do during storms because they don't much like them.

Wet as hell outside. Dry as can be inside.

Tonight, I'm having Chinese food for dinner.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Isn't that a bit of a cliche, a member of your tribe eating Chinese food?
    That would be like a poster of Irish descent writing about drinking all the time and quoting poetry.

Draft saved Draft deleted