1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Share Your Good News Here

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, May 26, 2010.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

So many of us have dealt with bad news in this business and in our lives. Tales of unemployment and food stamps have been plentiful here.

Now let's take some time and share the good news in your life. Get a promotion? Earn an award? Let's hear it!

For me, I'd gotten a writing assignment from Sports Illustrated a few weeks ago and worked on it and submitted it. Found out today it was published online.

SI is one of the major reasons I wanted to get into writing in the first place. I can still remember Thursday afternoons soaking up every word of nearly every story after I came home from school. I can also picture wanting to contribute my own words to that magazine.

And now I can lead my resume with "has written for Sports Illustrated."

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I had a really good club sandwich for lunch. Gave me hope for the future. Well, that and the job offer today. But the club really kicked ass. Seriously.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Congrats to both of you.

I, um, covered a police board meeting today. I like going to the police station willingly, not in handcuffs. They seem to take you a bit more seriously....who knew? :)

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Congrats on your delicious sandwich, Y!

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The thing that really excites me about this, not just getting the chance to basically live out a childhood dream, is the fact that it almost feels as if I went from like low Class A up to the majors.

From a small weekly rag to Sports Illustrated. Goodbye Godless County Courier once and for all!

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I want to hear more about this club sandwich.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Holy crap, BYH is back!

We missed you dickhead.

OK, maybe not really.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I missed you more than I miss big-headed PR fucks. :D :D :D

Now let's steer the conversation back to YGBFKM's club sandwich.

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

So was it an old school club, with bacon, turkey, ham and roast beef on toasted white bread, or one of those loaded chicken sandwiches people call a club for some stupid reason?

And where did you get it? I'm moving to your town this weekend. Yes. I'm up and moving my life there just because you liked that sandwich so much.

10. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

I take it, then, that you are not former Detroit mayor Kwame McThug?

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I made tilapia for dinner yesterday. It was beyond phenomenal. Better than a club sandwich, a sandwich that is, by the way, very good.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yesterday at the softball game I was covering, the home team put up 6 in the bottom of the fourth go up 10-0, allowing for the mercy rule to kick in after the top of the fifth. Anyone who has covered high schools knows that is a gift from the Gods. Especially on a 90-degree day.

Draft saved Draft deleted