1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shaq rap disses Kobe

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by suburbia, Jun 23, 2008.

1. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Screw Shaq/Kareem.

Obama/McCain. Discuss.

(I don't know how to do blue font. This is sarcasm. I don't want people do discuss that at all.)

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This thread is perfectly fine without pictures, BTW.

3. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

And you would be crazy. Arguing that Shaq's NBA career is superior at all would be shaky, but to say it's far superior? No chance. Kareem is the leading scorer in NBA history and the fourth leading rebounder all-time. I don't think you could say anyone's career was far superior to his. Kareem was still averaging 23 a game at 38 years old. Shaq is still three years away from 38. Think he'll be averaging anything close to 23 when he gets there? And Dickens, if you want to talk about defensive centers they faced, I'll see your Olajuwon and Mutombo and raise you Wilt Chamberlain and Nate Thurmond.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

It's a good thing I wasn't on the board when you did this BYH. I would totally school you in freestyle.

I would school all of you bitches in freestyle.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You and me both. Hell, I've never really heckled any athletes during games, but I would be tempted to do just that with Kobe.

6. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

But if I'm picking a team and need a center who can score, rebound and block a few shots, I'm picking Shaq every time. Without hesitation.

Kareem was great for a 20 years. Shaq was dominant for 10.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I like Shaq a lot. I think his strength and mass inside make players around him much better. The stats of Penny, Wade and Kobe (higher shooting percentage with Shaq even though much younger) with Shaq compared to how their careers have been going without him show the big guy's value.

But if I had a choice for a team, I choose Kareem every time.

The only reason I need is the sky hook. It was devastating. You have a player who once he caught the ball with his back to the basket from 10 feet in was unstopable. The shot was unblockable (unless you were Bill Willoughby), and in the last two minutes of the game it was a lethal weapon. Once he caught the ball on the low left block, he just pivoted to the baseline for the shot before the double team could get there.

It was a beautiful shot.

In the last two minutes when Shaq gets the ball, you can double team him or fouled him to take the ball out of his hands.

Before Jordan, and before that Magic and Bird, the greatest NBA player who ever lived was considered a toss up between Russell, Wilt and Kareem.

8. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

So now you've changed your statement from "Shaq is far superior" to "I'd pick Shaq if I needed a center to score, rebound and block a few shots." This despite the fact that:

Kareem averaged at least 30 ppg four times, which Shaq has never done
    Kareem averaged at least 14 rpg seven times, which Shaq nas never done
    Kareem averaged better than 4 bpg at least twice (and probably more, since they didn't start keeping blocks as a stat until his fifth year in the league), which Shaq has never done.

And let's not even get into who you'd rather have shooting free throws at the end of a close game.

9. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Yeah, but if a spontaneous rap battle broke out ...

Or an eating contest ...

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Kurt Rambis the player vs. Shaq the rapper

Discuss.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Rambis is at least better than Artest the Rapper.

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Oh, Shaq's never dominated the rap game like this:

Draft saved Draft deleted