1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shaq rap disses Kobe

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by suburbia, Jun 23, 2008.

1. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3457917&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

2. mojo20205

mojo20205 Member

"I got a vasectomy, now I can't breed 'em."

Terrific.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Shaq is a great player. Great comedian. Rapper? Not so much.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Although, after watching him the last few years, at this stage there's a chance he actually is a better rapper than player.

I thought the lyric that was really low was when he said Patrick Ewing and Bernard King were better players than Kobe.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Another thought here. Does this make Shaq look worse?

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

This was the lead story on the 6 p.m. SportsCenter. Uh, yeah, um, I sometimes watch.

Well, they showed a lengthy clip of Shaq busting out the rhymes, with plenty of bleeps along the way, then went to Screamin' A for "analysis." His reaction (I'm paraphrasing here): "For the most part, Shaq wasn't being serious. This isn't a big deal."

It'd be nice if ESPN producers felt the same; I can't stand the sensationalistic garbage they constantly put on air.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You mean it was like this:

FOR THE MOST PART SHAQ WAS NOT BEING SERIOUS. THIS ISNT A BIG DEAL.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Chuck~Taylor has no idea why he smashed his iPod.

I thought it couldn't happen to a nicer jerk.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

This is no big deal, just a man child doing what he does.

At SOME point, more people will realize that Shaq's complete lack of maturity had every bit to do with the breakup of those Lakers as Kobe's own need to be The Man.

Not that I subscribe to the Plaschke idea that "They would have at least one, maybe two more titles!!!!" because I wonder who they beat with a fat Shaq . . . . but I digress.

Again, no big deal. Who cares, at this point?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not in my eyes ... "You know how I be," Shaq rapped. "Last week Kobe couldn't do without me."

I wonder how many times Kobe will hear, "Kobe, tell me how my [expletive] tastes," during games from players and/or fans early next season? I wish that were on iTunes, I would download that.

11. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

I thought this shit was hilarious.
    I'll admit I'm a Shaq fan, and I used to like Kobe.
    But nobody likes a rat.

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Agree. And when they play for the first time next season, and Shaq goes and shakes Kobe's hand, we'll have to hear again how gracious he is to bury the hatchet. Until he rips on Kobe again.

Draft saved Draft deleted