1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shape mag editor: Sorry we put a homewrecking whore on our cover.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TigerVols, Oct 29, 2010.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Interesting that the editor of Shape has suddenly discovered that just because you work out a lot while having your affair, it doesn't mean you should be glorified by the magazine.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/29/shape-editor-leann-rimes-_n_775830.html

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The problem wasn't the cover, but the general idea. "How to deal with the stress of having an affair."

4. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Rimes is gallavanting away from her marriage and having an affair, and SHE is the one in pain???

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Shape should apologize for choosing a cover pic in which she has a goofy-ass expression.

6. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Maybe it's her O face.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

She's been on the cover three times?

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If so, I'd keep my eyes closed if doing it with her.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

No kidding. She is not a particularly attractive woman.

10. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

I've always found her particularly attractive, guess I'm odd.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/30/leann-rimes-responds-to-s_n_776412.html

"Just so all my fans know, I'm getting to the bottom of this," LeAnn tweeted. "It's the first I've heard of this. Shape is throwing me a party next week as a thank you and a congrats for being on their cover for the 3rd time. I find this very contradictory. I love you all!!"

On Friday Latona backpedaled on her apology, tweeting a blog post titled "Setting the Record Straight" at LeAnn.

"I stand by the fact that LeAnn's story is compelling--and her courage and strength in the face of so much adversity is compelling," she wrote. "That is why I put her on the cover of Shape for what is now the third time."

I've heard of an insincere apology. But never one that had to be basically retracted.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

She has a man face. Just like Jillian Michaels.

Draft saved Draft deleted