1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shame On You Peter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 10, 2007.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

It's not a bad idea, right? I think we're going to do it...

2. Is it possible to have a running thread reserved just for nominations (no comments) ... won't help for past posts but could make it easier to keep track of future ones ... also might help to mandate that you can't nominate your own post.

Just an idea.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

BYH,

I tip my hat to thee. That was some fine work.

I'm up for the book too. That's a great idea.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A thread of nothing but links to classic posts?

I like it. Whatever.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If laughing is healthy, that was better than three hours on the bike. I'm still wiping the tears from my face, and thank goodness nobody is asking why I'm still rolling on the floor.

Wow.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

10. I think these are my non-football thoughts of the week:

a. My condo neighbor Jason Giambi let me use some of his lotion when we were sitting at pool. I must get the name of it.

b. time for a haircut. My Red Sox cap feels tight on my head.

c. full body search at airport this week - 4th time in last 2 weeks. I feel like I am being profiled

d. stripped naked in seach room I hear "yo Peter" it was Michael Vick also undergoing full seach. It made me really feel my Irish

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

At that point, why pee in the bag? Let the Boeing/McDonnell-Douglas/AirBus/Embraer soak it up. Delay their next flight due to "maintainence" issues.

9. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

BYH--it was a masterpiece.

The folks at one of the most hilariously profane football blogs out there--Kissing Suzy Kolber--have appeared to pick up on the same theme.

http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2007/03/dear-peter-king-please-stop-baiting-us.html

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Wow - I can't believe we have soulmates at kiss me Suzy. Pretty funny stuff:

Anyway, let's avoid the obvious diatribe and standard ridicule. I hereby open up the polls for Things Peter King Might Think He Thinks About Non-Football Thoughts in the Future.

"Tried meatloaf the other night. Delicious."

"Got another email from Sergeant McCarthy in Iraq. He thinks the Rams have a chance this year. I met him once, so he's probably right."

"The other day I had trouble getting up the stairs."

"Finally saw The Godfather last weekend. Who knew Al Pacino was so good? I sure didn't expect to see Marlon Brando in the title role!"

"Turns out Bob Dylan has a son. Jakob Dylan plays for a band called 'the Wallflowers.' Must be an ironic name -- I can see them headlining some big concerts. I can't stop listening to 'One Headlight' on my iPod!"

"Have you seen Diane Keaton? What a looker!"

"Apparently the Red Sox spent a lot of money for this Jap fellow. Wait, I'm being told I'm not allowed to say 'Jap.' When did that happen? Crazy. Everyone's so sensitive these days. I blame video games and violence in movies for making things worse than they used to be."

"Just got off the phone with Jerome Bettis. He thinks Nate Clements is worth the money in San Francisco. Can't say I like San Francisco. Too many hills. I had some tremendous sodomy there, though."

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

That is some great stuff. It's like the bastard child of PK and Larry King.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I did not see this coming at all. It was brilliant though.

Draft saved Draft deleted