1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shame On You Peter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 10, 2007.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

gosh, this "mmqb" bashing is soooo old. peter king is a truly marvelous reporter and "mmqb" is a terrific read. you don't like the non-football stuff in it? ignore it. not hard to do.

and no, wiseacres, i'm not peter. grow up.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sarcasm is supposed to be in blue, ya know...

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

please don't live down to my image of folks who reside in 'bama, y'all. :eek: ::) :eek:

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Perhaps your finast work ever. Sir it's a pleasure.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

" Hey Jason will you please start using a pooper scooper. I just stepped in some dog shit and its wrecked my brand new Adidas Superstars."

"Hey by the way did you ever see Romo there when you were at Balco?

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The Peter King parodies never, ever get old.

BYH, that's good work outta you.

7. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Absolutely. Even if I defend some of the "big names" around here, if you're going to go about it in that way, I'm all for it. Good stuff.

8. Fortunately or unfortunately, both accounts are true ...

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

For the PK defenders: sorry, dudes, but when the personal stuff--the coffee, the pretzels, the hatred for Delta Air Lines, the god forsaken, please stop, please stories of the family members---becomes not just a regular, but a standard part of the schtick and in every article he writes, well, it's gonna get ridiculed and mocked. And deservedly so. It has no business being in there and it dumbs down the quality of his work.

And BYH--wow--that is a keeper.

10. girl friday

girl friday Member

he drives me nuts with that "I, I, I" and "me, me, me" stuff, but i would give my left leg -- okay, maybe my left pinky -- for half the numbers in his blackberry.

and BYH -- classic.

11. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Did you catch the part about him smuggling sunscreen on a plane this week? He's just such a petty, petty man.

12. girl friday

girl friday Member

when i read that, i thought it was foolish too. yes, some of those rules are ridiculous, but they're there for our safety. plus, as much as he travels, he knows what all the rules are by now.

Draft saved Draft deleted