1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shall we raise our shields, Captain?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DyePack, Oct 20, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061019/ap_on_sc/cloak_of_invisibility

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I'm going straight to the girls' locker room with this thing.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

That was going to be the title of the thread, but I thought it would be received poorly.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I think you underestimate the goodwill you have built up here.

5. The most predictable post of the year and I'm pissed I didn't think of it first.
    Well played, sir.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Aye, captain! Cloaking device engaged.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

That's an interesting thought. I guess I just wimped out.

It does remind me of junior high, when we had convinced some guy there was a secret steam tunnel that led from our locker room to the girls' locker room. He actually believed it and started looking for it behind the wall.

Of course, this is the same guy who thought he could gradually carve a brick out of the exterior wall with a pocketknife while waiting for the bus. He actually made some decent headway in Year 1, but during the summer the janitor made the 15-second fix with some filler, and that was the end of that.

He did save us one summer by discovering a way to prop open a window without anyone noticing. We used that secret entrance once after a game when some moronic school official failed to leave the building open so we could get to the locker room.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

What a time to be alive.
    Just amazingly cool.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I saw this on the front page of the paper and just about broke my jaw when it hit the floor. Maybe the coolest story I've ever seen.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

First application of said shield: wrap the thingamajigger around a midget, stealth him to NoKo, and take out Wang Dung Doodle Kim.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Is that written in English?

Draft saved Draft deleted