1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sh*t my kid says

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Nov 24, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You're going to have to get in line for that one, sister.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

#TeamEdgar

Actually, the kid (Cole?) is pretty cute, too.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

It's Case, bitch.

And to get the thread back on point, I have recently taught him to say, "What's the point?" And he uses it very well in context. Like we're at a Mommy & Me class yesterday, and the way-too-happy instructor is trying to get him to do this ridiculous routine involving touching his head over and over again, and he just looks at her, gives her this exaggerated shrug and garbles out, "What's the point?"

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

So is mine, ain't got nothing to do with me.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

My apologies. And don't teach him that! Cynicism is EVIL AND ROTS SOULS AND STUFF!

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

True dat!

7. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

My favorite from when Baby MMSW was 2 ... If I deliberately messed up a song lyric, used the wrong animal noise or something equally goofy, she'd tip her head and say, "Dah-deeee, that's how it doesn't go."

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I never stopped to think that some sj members might be currently lactating.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Et tu, Vomitus? :D

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I have had a mammogram. I don't want to talk about it on the board though. Maybe at a future outing gathering. Some awful stories have to be told in person.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Heard this story from my sister last night. Her 3 1/2 year old granddaughter was going through a mall with her mom and saw a family of Sikhs. The men of course were wearing turbans.

"Look, mom, genies!!!"

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

My nephews < my dog < my niece

I've told this one before ... when my niece was barely walking, my mom and I took her into Garnet & Gold on on FSU game day. My brother doesn't have custody and we didn't see her much and she really didn't know me from Adam's housecat. A shy tot, she hadn't said a word in the hour or so we'd had her, when she suddenly pointed to the FSU warrior and said "Football!" We were so proud. She caught on and repeated "football" as she continued to point out the logo on everything she could reach.

A little older, she was sitting in her car seat in the back when I was driving somewhere. Some country station. My mom and I weren't paying the slightest bit of attention to what was playing until all of a sudden, from the back seat:

"I got a bran-new girlfriend!"

Older still, my brother, had her one weekend. His wife, her daughter, her mom and sister and my mom were ALL out of town.

Mackenzie, about 8, told her daddy that she needed to talk to Momma HA, and he said she wasn't around, could he help? She informed him she had a "female problem."

Panicked, he tried to calm himself inwardly and outwardly tried to assure her she could talk to him, because no one else was available.

She led him to her bedroom, where she had a display of purses on the bed. She turned to him and said, "What purse goes best with this dress?"

Draft saved Draft deleted