1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sh*t my kid says

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I don't remember this, but I've been told about it often. I was 3 and in my grandmother's backyard shooting baskets while she and my mom sat on the porch and watched. I guess I tried for about a half hour to get the ball up to the rim, but just wasn't strong enough yet, so finally I came back to the porch, plopped down said said "I'm done. I'm too goddamned tired to be inspired."

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Our soon-to-be 4-year-old came home from preschool one day and told us about her best friend, Nia, not being there that day.

Me: Oh, do you think Nia was sick.
    Daughter: Yes, I think so. I think her vomit is brown.
    Wife: Why?
    Daughter: Because Nia is brown.

(Yes, Nia is African-American.)

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Our then 3 year old got into a phase where she started telling jokes, not sure why as nobody in the family is a big joke teller and she doesn't watch tons of tv.

We were sitting at the table for dinner and she blurted out "I can't see you I have a ball in my eye" My wife and I looked at each other sort of laughing and said "what?"

She replied with "I have a ball in my eye...GET IT, EYEBALL!" The whole "get it" part still cracks me up.

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

This one is not dirty, and wont compare to Paper Doll's anecdote. A couple weeks ago, while I was trying to come up with an excuse to stay in bed, my five year old daughter came into the room and asked for a roll of tape that was on my bedside table.

Me: Sure, hon. Why do you need it?
    Her: I need it for my stickers.
    Me: Why would you need tape for your stickers? They're, well, they're stickers.
    Her: Because they're broken.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Puppies are cuter than children. Discuss.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You and IJAG will make a wonderful curmudgeonenly couple.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My platonic crush on you just grew even more.

Verse, not JC.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Platonic crushes are worthless.

Platonic is one of the words I hate the most in the English language. You hear "platonic" and immediately know "not getting any". Sigh.

The world would be a lot happier if women were a lot more giving. And then there is that whole March 14th thing.

Just think - there would probably be fewer wars.

Lennon should have added another stanza to Imagine to cover the important things that lead to peace.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I honestly believed that was true until I had one. A child, that is. Of course, he's still only one, so that will probably change by the time he's three.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I bet it won't. :)

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

To be fair, your kid is unbelievably cute.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I now have a platonic crush on HC. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted