1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sez Who?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stupid, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

For me, date recall can be affected by how good a time it was... the other way.

2. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Seriously, Zak Starkey is a helluva lot closer to Keith Moon than he is his own father.

He doesn't have the crazy showmanship (nor 1/100,000,000th the amount of barbituates in his system) that Moon had. Great drummer. Blows whiny-ass Kenney Jones out of the water.

I've seen The Who several times. Zak's fun to watch, but not in that "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!" Keith Moon sort of way. If you know anything about drumming, you know that Zak's a helluva banger.

That aside, the last few tours have sorta been sleepwalks for The Who, just rolling through greatest hits. I'd be more inclined to go if they decide to go deeper into some rare stuff. I saw the first show they did after The Spider died at The Hollywood Bowl. Not a dry eye in the house.

Draft saved Draft deleted