1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sez Who?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stupid, Jul 13, 2006.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

They should have retired after they realized that they let a real crappy beer sponsor them.

2. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

Schlitz???

3. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

beat me to it Dools

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I've seen Aerosmith three times since '98, and they were good every time. They always play a ton of hits, from the '70s and the '90s. Get a Grip is my favorite post-"comeback" album, and they play a lot of those, too. Too bad Alicia Silverstone isn't still relevant around.

5. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Could be worse. Your tour could be sponsored by the makers of Musk Oil:

[​IMG]

Actually, this was the first-ever corporately-sponsored tour, fwiw.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The Who, the Rolling Stones and Aerosmith all passed the should-retire line a long time ago.

7. My band since 1965.
    Saw every iteration. Three and four times.
    But if it's Pete and Rog and Ringo's kid, it ain't The Who.
    Sorry, boys.

8. sportsed

sportsed Guest

Say what you want, and I can see the points most of you are trying to make, but I saw the Stones last September and they absolutely rocked in a baseball stadium. I wish I still have that verve when I'm in my 60s, and in the case of one, post-cancer.

Re: The Who, will they miss selling all that many tickets if they just go out as Daltrey and Townsend & Friends instead of The Who?

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I would so see the Who in concert. I'd even drink a Schlitz to do so. They rocked during the 9/11 concert, even if Daltrey's voice is losing its fastball.

10. Best thing about them that night?
    They didn't worry about the "right" song to play for the event.
    They just played fucking LOUD, which is what those firemen and cops wanted.
    Entwistle was alive then, though.

11. lono

lono Active Member

Fenian:

Ringo's kid quit the band, didn't he? Thought he was in Oasis now.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In 1982, I paid what was then huge money to attend the local stop of what was promised to be The Who's last tour.

I was 14 years old. It was a school night. My folks thought I was going to something with my church youth group1.

Five years later ... I dunno. Maybe Daltrey had a bill to pay. :mad:

Fuckabuncha Who tours.

F_B: Ringo's kid actually learned to play from Keith Moon. He's as close as you'll get.

1Technically speaking, that was true. The people I went with were from my church youth group. The church advisors, however, were somewhat in the dark about that particular get-together. ;)

As they were for the Van Halen show 10 days later.

Draft saved Draft deleted