1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex in the City hype machine starts...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... now, apparently. SJ Parker has been everywhere this week. So, it's time for me to admit I've turned the corner on the actress I used to consider a hatchet-faced annoyance. Yeah, I'm finding her a bit more palatable now. She's a little funny, seems cool. I don't know if she's changed or I have. You'll still not get me to see SitC flick without a gun to my head, tho.

So, the question is, is SitC fandom split down gender lines or am I completely missing something here?
  2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Sex AND The City
  3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I've never seen the show (My wife loves it, FWIW).

I have seen the trailer at the theater, though, and it looks completely horrible. The last trailer I saw that made me not want to watch a movie so badly was for Stiller's remake of The Heartbreak Kid.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I haven't seen her appearances. Is she just pushing "Sex and the City," or is she hyping "Smart People," too?
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Me either.

This hype machine must only have four cylinders.
  6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think SJP seems like a cool lady. I like her.
  7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If Kristin Davis has some sexy scenes, then, and only then, would I watch.
  8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

More fun the other way.
  9. GBNF

GBNF Active Member

Big fan of the show, big fan of hers. She can be a bit too much sometimes - and there were times on the show when I wanted to murder her - butin general, I like her.

I think this new media onslaught is more geared for Smart People, which I don't think looks very good. The big SATC push will come in May, I'm guessing.
  10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I watch Sex and the City while drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon. I feel like they balance each other.
  11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I liked the show, but this movie is a bad, bad idea.
  12. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Active Member

I'm going to go see it. Then I'm going to set my genitals on fire and stab myself in the eye with a tooth pick.
Draft saved Draft deleted