1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex in the City hype machine starts...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... now, apparently. SJ Parker has been everywhere this week. So, it's time for me to admit I've turned the corner on the actress I used to consider a hatchet-faced annoyance. Yeah, I'm finding her a bit more palatable now. She's a little funny, seems cool. I don't know if she's changed or I have. You'll still not get me to see SitC flick without a gun to my head, tho.

So, the question is, is SitC fandom split down gender lines or am I completely missing something here?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Sex AND The City

3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I've never seen the show (My wife loves it, FWIW).

I have seen the trailer at the theater, though, and it looks completely horrible. The last trailer I saw that made me not want to watch a movie so badly was for Stiller's remake of The Heartbreak Kid.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I haven't seen her appearances. Is she just pushing "Sex and the City," or is she hyping "Smart People," too?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Me either.

This hype machine must only have four cylinders.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think SJP seems like a cool lady. I like her.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If Kristin Davis has some sexy scenes, then, and only then, would I watch.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

More fun the other way.

9. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Big fan of the show, big fan of hers. She can be a bit too much sometimes - and there were times on the show when I wanted to murder her - butin general, I like her.

I think this new media onslaught is more geared for Smart People, which I don't think looks very good. The big SATC push will come in May, I'm guessing.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I watch Sex and the City while drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon. I feel like they balance each other.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I liked the show, but this movie is a bad, bad idea.

12. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I'm going to go see it. Then I'm going to set my genitals on fire and stab myself in the eye with a tooth pick.

Draft saved Draft deleted