1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex between coach and student

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by thegrifter, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

If she's outside your coverage area now, get her to sleep with you by saying you can get her a scholarship.

When you roll off her, use your fingers to trace her shoulder and arms, then ask her how many guys she's been with. Follow that with, "Does that include Coach X?"

If she says yes, tell her you need that on the record. If she says no, politely ask her to leave.

2. pretty funny

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i knew i rememebered something weird about delphian.

this is long and weird - www.whyaretheydead.net/childabuse/michelle.html

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

she seems pretty damned convincing to me, too.

6. HandsomeHarley

She's got no beef by me.

I covered basketball there once. Weird, weird experience, though the guy playing his rendition of the National Anthem on an electric guitar, with the lights out in the gymnasium, was spookily cool. Me? I kept one hand on my wallet.

7. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

these religious nutjobs are the worst. whatever denomination. cultist assholes.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

if i remember right, isn't delphian the dragons, or the purple dragons or some weird shit like that?

9. silentbob

silentbob Member

I'm surprised so many people are willing to dismiss this without even making a single phone call.

A) The best stories always start with anonymous tips. What'd you expect? The letter writer to include his name and number so you could follow up and get quotes?

B) If the coach did have sex with her, I'm assuming she's under 18, which means Coach just committed statutory rape. That means a sexual offender is coaching the high school girls team. Just a hunch, but I'm guessing your readers might find such a story interesting.

If I were you, I'd start with the athletic director. Just be honest. Tell him you got a tip that the coach had an inappropriate relationship with the player and that you have a responsibility to check it out. If you get nothing, try the girls parents. They might like to know people are saying those things about their daughter.

It won't be an easy story to report, but if you ask enough people you'll find out if the tip is real or BS.

10. HandsomeHarley

Yep. While most private schools go by "religious" names such as "Saints," "Monarchs," and such, Delphian goes by "Dragons."

I'd always known it as The Delphian School, or Delphi, though, not The Delphian Academy. Of course, I was out that way in the late '90s.

11. Mitch21

Mitch21 Member

I like this idea. Because hey, you are gettin' some.

In all honesty, I think you cover the basketball team. You cover their games, you cover how things shake out on the basketball court. If more info. is given to you or you feel it is your duty to get to the bottom of this, then you go to the police.

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Yes, and then I'm going to have the college beat guy check out all the anonymous voicemail complaints that Rival School cheats in recruiting.

Seriously, what do they have here? A clip with a message written on it? Need a little more than that before I invest time in this and put the beat guy in the uncomfortable position of suggesting to a lot of people that Ashley is fucking the coach.

Yes, I'm going to call the parents and say, "Excuse me, folks, I hope this isn't a bad time, but I have some information that Ashley may be fucking her coach. Do you know anything about this?"

Where do you think you're going with this? There's a time when this is a story, and that's when either law enforcement or the school takes some action. I can wait, thanks.

It's possible that Ashley is doing the coach, but it's possible (and more likely) that someone is trying to get that rumor out there for whatever reason. This could be from a boyfriend she dumped, or some girl who got dumped by a guy who wanted to go out with Ashley. Before I repeat this shit to people, I need a more credible source than a secret message sent through the mail.

Draft saved Draft deleted